- 4.2 ounces (1 cup) whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cup-for-cup sugar substitute (or granulated sugar)
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sanding sugar (optional)
Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, yogurt, egg white, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla until fully combined. Add the flour mixture to the yogurt mixture and stir just until no flour lumps remain, but try not to over mix. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Drop dollops of batter, about 2 tablespoons in size, onto prepared sheet, about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle the tops of each cookie with a small amount of sanding sugar.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges barely begin to brown. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack, or serving warm.
If stored in an airtight container, cookies will keep for 2-3 days.
Recipe courtesy of It’s Yummi.
Read more at: http://www.itsyummi.com/strawberry-yogurt-cookies/